Ready by Five Early Childhood Millage Privacy Notice
Ready by Five Early Childhood Millage Privacy Notice
Effective: April 15, 2020
This First Steps Kent Privacy Practice describes how personal information about you and your child may be used and disclosed by programs funded by the Ready by Five Early Childhood Millage. Please review it carefully.
Who will follow this Notice:
Ready by Five funding for programming is made possible because of the generosity of Kent County taxpayers and the voter-approved Read by Five Early Childhood Millage. This millage provides dedicated and sustainable funding for programs that improve the health, school readiness, and well-being of children through the age of five in Kent County. First Steps Kent is the administrator of the Ready by Five Early Childhood Millage.
How the Ready by Five Service Provider will disclose your personal information for the purposes of reporting:
For the purposes of Ready by Five Early Childhood millage reporting by your selected Service Provider, you and your child’s information is collected and then securely sent to the Kent County Health Department.
Your Service Provider will keep the information about you and your child so long as it remains a service provider funded by the Ready by Five Early Childhood Millage. If you or your child continue to receive services from your service provider after the Ready by Five Early Childhood Mileage funding ends or your child enrolled is no longer eligible, the Service Provider may continue to keep your and your child’s information to offer continued programming and supports to you and your child. A program that is not funded by the Ready by Five Early Childhood millage will not continue to share that information with others except as you direct.
Information shared by your Service Provider with the Kent County Health Department as part of the Ready by Five program will be indefinitely retained by the Kent County Health Department after your family or child stops receiving services from the service provider.
For additional information regarding protections applicable to personal health information, refer to Kent County’s HIPAA Privacy Notice available at https://www.accesskent.com/Health/Publications/hipaa.htm
Additional ways your and your child’s information will be shared:
The Kent County Health Department will share limited information about your child with the Kent Intermediate School District in order to allow them to assist in the long-term evaluation and effectiveness of Ready by Five services. This may include research that involves the joining of the information collected at the Kent County Health Department to Kent Intermediate School District.
The information that the Kent County Health Department may share with Kent Intermediate School District is limited to your child’s first and last name, date of birth and gender. The Kent County Health Department will not provide any identifiable information about you or your child to anyone else without your consent.
For each set of child-identified information provided, Kent ISD, with permission from the primary school district, may provide to Kent County Health Department one or both of the following assessments your child will participate with, including: a) Kindergarten Readiness Assessment data for the child’s first year of kindergarten, and b) end-of-year Preschool Assessment data (only if your child is enrolled in preschool at Head Start or a program receiving Great Start Readiness Program funding). Kent ISD may share this information in a de-identified format with First Steps Kent.
The Kent County Health Department also may provide de-identified data regarding you and your child to First Steps Kent. De-identified information generally refers to personal information about you or your child individually that has removed any information that would allow people (including First Steps Kent) to determine your or your child’s identity or participation in a Ready by Five Millage funded program. Information specifically about you or your child individually will not be shared without your express written consent.
As the Ready by Five Millage administrator, First Steps Kent will continue to receive and store de-identified information for the duration of time the Ready by Five Early Childhood Millage funding continues. First Steps Kent will use this de-identified information for the following purposes:
- Reporting: de-identified reports will be sent to First Steps Kent to produce aggregate level reports about the Ready by Five Millage programs.
- Quality Assurance/Utilization: de-identified reports will be used for quality improvement purposes for programs and to understand which populations are utilizing Ready by Five services and how to better reach families in Kent County.
- For verifying payments to your selected Service Provider: de-identified information may be used, as necessary, to verify completed services to send payment for all services you or your child receives. Use and disclosure of this information will be limited to purposes necessary to the business activities of First Steps Kent.
- Evaluation and Research: research that involves the joining of de-identified child assessment data from Kent ISD with de-identified reports provided by Kent County Health Department to evaluate the effectiveness of programs funded by Ready by Five Millage and the impact on Kindergarten readiness. Third-party contractors may be used to assist with evaluation work. Contractors will have access to information only as needed to perform such functions and may not use it for any other purpose.
- As Required: Responding, if required, to a court order or other legal process.
All reports made publicly available by First Steps Kent to the community will contain only de-identified information and aggregated information about children, in general, receiving a millage-funded service.