Translation and Interpretation
All programs funded by Ready by Five now have access to Translation and Interpretation Services and the cost will be covered by Ready by Five Millage funding.
Three agencies will provide interpretation and translation services (in-person, telephone, and written) to families enrolled in programs funded by Ready by Five. Agencies may also provide up to one-hour consultation for requesting service partners to ensure staff delivering services are culturally competent.
Bethany Christian Services, Hispanic Center of West Michigan, and Liaison Linguistics were awarded funds to provide translation and interpretation services for families participating in Ready by Five services.
Here’s what you need to know to request services:
- Prior to requesting services, programs must indicate their intent to use services with First Steps Kent by registering, at minimum, one Designated Contact for each program. This is done by completing a quick online questionnaire.
- Based on the information that is submitted, First Steps Kent will maintain a current list of eligible programs, including the name of each agency, program, and the authorized Designated Contact who may request services for an individual/family.
- When services are requested, the Translation and Interpretation Service agency will check the eligibility of programs requesting service against this list. Translation and Interpretation agencies must have authorization from a program's Designated Contact to serve an individual/family.
Things to note:
- If your program would like to add or make changes to the Designated Contact, information must be submitted by the 20th of the month.
- The Designated Contact list is updated monthly, by the 25th of each month.
- Translation and Interpretation Service Providers may only invoice for eligible programs included on this list.
- All Ready by Five programs utilizing services must internally track specific information about services used as defined on the Program Tracking Sheet.