Early Learning Programs
High-quality early learning experiences nurture a child’s cognitive, social, and emotional development. Examples of services include play and learn groups, supports for caregivers, and linkages to early intervention services.
- Reach Out and Read Michigan, a dba of Ready for School, offers an evidence-based national literacy program, giving young children in Kent County a foundation for success by incorporating books into pediatric care and encouraging families to read aloud together.
Play and Learn Communities are facilitated play groups that guide parents and/or caregivers with young children through group and individual play activities that model learning opportunities and build an understanding of child development. Ready by Five Play and Learn providers include:
- Comprehensive Therapy Center’s Therapeutic Play and Learn Groups are structured play groups, tailored specifically to be effective for the families of children with developmental disabilities.
- Grand Rapids Community College’sEarly Learning Communities Play and Learn Groups are a collaborative, community-based partnership that strengthens the skills of early childhood caregivers and educators.
- Kent ISD’s Bright Beginnings Playgroups are hosted throughout Kent County to provide further support to caregivers and age-appropriate activities to nurture the development of children.
- Vibrant Futures Little Learners is a playgroup-centered service delivered to caregivers, parents, and children in various child care, schools, and community-based settings.