Cash Assistance for Child Care Providers
Child Care Providers may benefit from a new cash assistance resource available through the Heart of West Michigan United Way's 2-1-1 referral system. This resource is available for Kent County residents who have you been laid off or had their hours reduced by half as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.
If you meet all the criteria and provide the needed documentation, you will get a one-time payment of $500 deposited into your account within about 3 days.
Here's what you can expect when you call:
You will be asked if you meet the following criteria:
- You are the primary earner in your home (it is okay if there are other earners in your home bringing in income, but you need to be the main earner)
- You make $50,000 or less a year, and
- You lost 50% or more of your income after March 1, 2020.
If you meet the criteria, you will need to provide the following: (taking photos of these documents will work, they will send you a link to upload documentation)
- Name of your business
- A photo ID
- A check stub or something that proves your income
- A bank account for the deposit
If you meet all the criteria and provide the needed documentation, you will get a one-time payment of $500 deposited into your account within about three days. Call 2-1-1 today to learn more and see if you qualify.