Announcing Child Care Stabilization Grant
Mark your calendar! The Michigan Department of Education (MDE) is pleased to announce that the application for the Child Care Stabilization Grant will open on Monday, November 8 at 8 a.m. The application will remain open for 30 days and close on Wednesday, December 8 at 6 p.m.
Grant awards start at $3,300 for family home providers, $7,550 for group home providers, and $9,200 for centers. Grants include up to $1,000 bonuses for each full-time staff member!
Before you apply, we strongly encourage you to:
- Review the FAQ. The FAQ will be posted at Michigan.gov/childcare. There will also be a grant calculator so you can estimate your grant award.
- Attend a webinar. Each webinar has a capacity limit of 300. Please only join once to ensure everyone has a chance to listen to a live webinar.
Three chances to learn:
Tuesday, November 2 at 6:15 p.m. Join via Zoom at https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89905016281?pwd=SG45L3U3cXZuN3lLbno1MFdSUFpjdz09
- Password: m54dX0
- Telephone: US: +1 929 436 2866
- Meeting ID: 899 0501 6281
Wednesday, November 3 at 6:15 p.m. Join via Zoom at https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84703438635?pwd=b1ZOYWxzTFNsY1lVMFdVS3RKRCtwUT09
- Password: 8fgxb9
- Telephone: US: +1 301 715 8592
- Meeting ID: 847 0343 8635
Friday, November 5 at 1 p.m. Join via Zoom at https://us06web.zoom.us/j/86508733860?pwd=UlgrS1F1dnc2L2YvclJzVXh6OFhtdz09
- Password: 2siSNz
- Or Telephone: US: +1 301 715 8592
- Meeting ID: 865 0873 3860
All eligible providers that submit a completed application will receive funding. MDE is committed to getting funding to child care providers as quickly as possible. Grants will be processed and verified in December, and payments will be made to providers in January.
Please help achieve our goal of supporting every eligible child care provider in Michigan by sharing this message with a child care provider in your network.