Request for Proposal Timeline and Details
The 2021 RFP timeline:
- March 19, 2021 - Request for Proposal (RFP) issued
- March 19 – April 5, 2021 - RFP Question and Answer for agencies period (Ends 5 p.m. on April 5, 2021)
- Monday, April 12, 2021 - Final answers, clarifications, and updated RFP will be posted here
- Monday, April 26, 2021 - Agency LOI deadline – 1 p.m.
- Monday, May 10, 2021 - Agencies will be notified if invited to submit a full proposal
- Tuesday, June 1, 2021 - Agency deadline for full proposal submission – 1 p.m.
- Friday, June 18, 2021 - Proposing agencies will be notified of the award
- Monday, August 2, 2021 - Evaluation contract begins
Question and Answers
Q: Does the Funder have a specific funding amount set aside for the proposed evaluation? (I.e., What is the expected level of effort for this work?)
A: Based on feedback from the Request for Information First Steps Kent issued in January 2021, First Steps Kent is estimating the project cost will range between $100,000 and $200,000 per year.
Q: Does the Funder have any limitations on indirect rate/overhead?
A: First Steps Kent does not dictate a specific limit as far as an indirect rate or indirect costs. The proposed budget must show clear reasoning for why each budget item is necessary – this includes direct and indirect costs.
Q: Is the capped budget for evaluation services equal to the frequently-used evaluation allocation of 15% of the anticipated $5.7 million Ready by Five Early Childhood Millage funding, or a different threshold?
A: Based on feedback from the Request for Information, First Steps Kent is estimating the project cost will range between $100,000 and $200,000 per year.
Check back here until April 12 for additional questions and answers.