WGVU Identity Resources
Our friends at WGVU helped us find some additional resources to use in our homes or classrooms to talk about how we are alike and different from others.
- This video: PBS KIDS Talk About Differences and Similarities
- This website is full of videos, tips, articles, activities, to get the conversation started and keep it going: Talking to Young Children About Race and Racism (Collection on PBS KIDS for Parents)
- Helping Children Understand How We are Alike and Different, is a webpage dedicated to activities
- Sesame Street: Same/Different with Abby and Elmo
- "We are all different" is a lesson for a classroom with accompanying resources.
- Sesame Street: What I Am Song
- Daniel Tiger: You Are Special Song or O is Special Song
- Another website dedicated to activities, videos, songs, articles for parents on how to talk about racial justice (also available in Spanish) Sesame Street: Racial Justice
- This video, at the top of the website is really good at explaining different skin colors