WGVU Different Types of Families
Our friends at WGVU helped us find some additional resources to use in our homes or classrooms to help start conversations about different types of families.
- PBS KIDS Talk About Relationships & Family - Talking to kids about relationships and families.
- What makes a family? This video highlights the different family members that can exist and how different each family is from one another. Explore some examples of families and what makes them each unique.
- It’s normal for young kids to be curious about families. Usually, they don’t need much explanation — rather, just the positive acknowledgment that families come in all different shapes and sizes. Read this article with tips on Talking to Kids: Families Come In All Shapes and Sizes
- 8 Books About Familieshttps://www.pbs.org/parents/thrive/8-books-about-families
- Sesame Street: Each Family is Amazing - Celebrate families with Rosita and Julia
- Readalong: What is Family on Sesame Street? Watch this Story Time with Ally Langdon
- This page is full of articles, activities, coloring pages, videos, and more. All about family bonding, from Sesame Street! From this page, there are also topics for different family types and needs: foster care, autism, families that need to care for other family members with special needs, incarceration, and addiction. Just click on the Topics Dropdown Menu at sesamestreetincommunities.org. All resources are also available in Spanish.