Play and Learn Communities
Play and Learn Communities are facilitated play groups that guide parents and/or caregivers with young children through group and individual play activities that model learning opportunities and build understanding of child development.
Ready by Five Play and Learn Providers include:
- Camp Fire West Michigan 4C – Little Learners, a play group-centered service designed specifically with caregivers in mind.
- Cherry Health – EatPlayGrow is an evidence-based curriculum that provides educational, engaging, and hands-on opportunities for caregivers and children to learn more about healthy development practices and how to implement them in their homes.
- Comprehensive Therapy Center – Therapeutic Play and Learn Groups are structured using the Kaleidoscope Model and the Success Basics framework. They are tailored specifically to be effective for the families of children with developmental disabilities.
- Early Learning Neighborhood Collaborative (ELNC) – Neighborhood-based play groups at 11 partnering sites enrich quality early learning experiences for young children. They are open to all families and home-based providers.
- Grand Rapids Community College – Early Learning Communities (ELC) is a collaborative, community-based partnership that strengthens the skills of early childhood caregivers and educators.